Providing Patient-Centered Care
Join Our Team
Please join us if you are interested in:
- Providing patient-centered care.
- Making a meaningful impact in the long-term health and lives of patients.
- Spending focused, quality time caring for patients.
Working with a highly-skilled, collaborative, multi-disciplinary team.
- Practicing in a supportive environment that prioritizes team wellness.
- Innovating and leading the movement to change healthcare.
Currently Seeking Head of Technology
This is a new and growing space in healthcare. The opportunity to be an integral member of an early-stage startup at the forefront of innovating and shaping the future of this model is a unique feature of this position. The CTO or VP of Engineering will head the engineering division and will create the vision and strategy that develops the landscape for advanced medical care to be safely and effectively provided at home.
As a key member the executive team, the Head of Engineering will be responsible for developing the long-term technical and product roadmap and will build version 1.0 of the full-stack architecture. To succeed at this, they will work with the executive team and advisors, will recruit and lead the engineering team, and must also possess the skills to do the foundational coding to build and launch the initial platform. The Head of Engineering will possess a large degree of autonomy to determine the key priorities and features.
Ideal candidates are:
- Passionate about improving the US health system, including increasing access to care, and lowering costs
- Experienced in building & launching consumer and business products in the digital healthcare space, or in other highly regulated business sectors
- Comfortable working with external partners to design, build, and deploy data APIs
- Self-driven. Love diving into new problems with a hands-on mindset
- Able to trade-off between long-term product strategy and short-term, fast execution
- Skilled at seamlessly shifting between writing code, meeting with key stakeholders to design the product, and cultivating external partnerships that will aid in the growth of the company.
- 7+ years as a full-stack software developer (Python/Java/Kotlin/Go/Node.js)
- Have shipped both B2B and consumer products, ideally from scratch in a startup environment
- Have developed scalable, cloud-based (AWS or Google Cloud) architectures
- Worked directly with external partners to design and build reliable and secure integration API
- Experienced in the handling of data under strict compliance rules
- Experienced building web frontends and mobile apps (React, Flutter, Swift) is preferred
- Have maintained and debugged production environments
- 5+ years management experience leading teams of software engineers, including recruiting and hiring
- Will actively develop company culture
- Can identify and cultivate the strengths of a diverse team
- Can effectively lead a remote team and foster collaboration across the organization
- Experience managing product managers and data scientists is a plus
- History of leading by example. Understands the big picture and is comfortable making the tough decisions on how to prioritize needs
- Have demonstrated succe ss executing on strategy and bringing a new product to market.
- Possess es a clear and engaging communication style (verbal and written)
- Comfortable communicating technical details with people who do not possess a technical background.
- Full time
- Legally able to work in the US
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent, preferred
Origin Healthcare does not expect that any single applicant will possess every characteristic outlined here and would encourage those who feel they would be a strong candidate to apply. We are very interested in leaders from diverse and historically underrepresented backgrounds who we know will have a lot to contribute to Origin Healthcare.